About The Program
As a premium member of Startup Victoria we're really excited to let you know that you have exclusive access to apply for a spot in the Startup Victoria Female Founders Mentorship Program. That's right, only premium Startup Victoria members are eligible to apply.
This program is designed to focus on milestones we believe are crucial to building startup success including:
- Successfully launch MVP / Beta
- Successfully land a spot in an accelerator or incubator program
- Grow to a revenue or customer milestone
- Produce, IM, Pitch Deck or finance models to begin investor outreach
- Raise funds to grow user base or revenue
- Lock in a major partner or first major customer
Mentorloop is a cloud-based platform designed to make mentoring programs for organisations easier to start, run and participate in. In mid 2016 we will be launching Mentorloop Marketplace – a global platform where anyone who wants a mentor can connect with one anytime, anywhere. Think the ’Tinder for Mentoring' we are now taking registrations from individuals who have an interest in being a mentor or mentee or both. You can register via the website at www.mentorloop.com
You are a current premium member of Startup Victoria
You are a female startup founder with 30% or more ownership in the business
Your startup progress is, at a minimum, close to launching to beta
You are based in or from Victoria
Your startup has a technology component or element to it
How The Program Works
- Apply for the program by clicking the link below and filling out the form before 5pm Friday 29th April 2016. You may receive a call from one of the committee members if we need to clarify anything.
- The Female Founders Committee will select up to 5 mentees as part of our pilot program and announce the successful applicants by Friday 13th of May 2016.
- Upon acceptance into the program, we then begin the process of finding the ideal mentor that will match both the type of startup you have and the milestones you want to achieve.
- After an initial meeting with the mentor the mentee will confirm and lock on their top 2 milestones for their startup and the number of meetings with their mentor over the following 6 months of the program.
- Over the following months they'll work directly with their mentor to achieve their core milestones.
- At the end of the 6 months we work together to evaluate the next best steps for the mentee and their startup.
What We Ask For In Return
This is not an accelerator, nor an incubator. There is no cost involved, apart from maintaining your premium membership status with Startup Victoria. There are just three things we ask from you in return for being a part of the program:
- To ensure all communications during the program with your mentor occur through the MentorLoop platform. MentorLoop is another female founded local startup.
- To fill out intermittent surveys so we can gather feedback on the program.
- To provide Startup Victoria with up to 2 case studies that cover the successful completion of your selected milestones.
About Our Platform Partner:
Mentorloop is a cloud-based platform designed to make mentoring programs for organisations easier to start, ru and participate in. In mid 2016 we will be launching Mentorloop Marketplace - a global platform where anyone who wants to mentor can connect with one anytime, anywhere. Think the 'Tinder for Mentoring'. Mentorloop are now taking registrations for individuals who have an interest in being a mentor or mentee or both. You can register via their website at www.mentorloop.com